OCD Intensive Treatment Program
The Gateway Institute offers a 3-week OCD Intensive Treatment Program utilizing the most effective approaches currently available for the treatment of OCD. After a thorough assessment of each client, a treatment plan is designed and tailored to meet the specific needs of each client. This plan is implemented over 3 weeks and includes 45 hours of individualized treatment.
The 3-week OCD Intensive Treatment Program is the most expedient treatment program for advanced cases of OCD because it provides an opportunity to address compulsions in longer sessions and in a controlled environment which lends itself to faster improvement. Clients can expect significant improvements when they dedicate themselves to their tailored program and follow the recommended protocol.
Over the course of the 3-Week OCD Intensive Program, each client will have access to contact their therapist 24/7 for support. The Gateway Institute is committed to supporting its clients every step of the way so if a client is having a challenging evening or weekend, they or any member of their family may contact the therapist directly after hours.
Upon completion of the 3-Week OCD Intensive Program, a 6-week After-Care plan is established, giving the client tools to remain on track with progress gained. This is a vital component of any treatment protocol since it allows the therapist to continue to support the client, monitor progress and ensure the client’s compliance with his/her tailored exposure program. Follow-up sessions are done on a weekly basis in person or via telephone if the client lives outside of the Orange County area.
OCD Intensive Treatment Program – Features
If you have any questions about the details of the 3-Week OCD Intensive Program listed below, please do not hesitate to contact The Gateway Institute, and we will be happy to walk you through the process.
- Home visits: For local residents, making home visits during the intensive treatment process is often an important part of the overall success of the program. The Gateway Institute is committed to doing what it takes to support its clients and has found that providing professional assistance in the home environment where triggers often manifest themselves, helps clients follow-through on exposures, ultimately making a significant impact in the overall success of treatment.
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP): Exposures are conducted outside of the office and at home in order to ensure generalization of treatment gains. Each daily session is followed by additional exposure exercises assigned as homework, which closely parallel the exercises he/she performs during that day’s sessions. Learn more about Exposure Response Prevention.
- Psychoeducation: Education about OCD is one of the most important components of the initial phase of treatment. When clients and their families have a clear understanding how OCD operates in the brain and how it manifests itself, they are better prepared to face the challenges OCD presents. Through no fault of their own, families often enable their loved one’s OCD by giving into the sufferer’s compulsive demands, such as providing reassurance, only at the expense of reinforcing the OCD. The Gateway Institute provides critical education to help minimize unintended reinforcement, and firmly establishes tools that can help facilitate the healing process in a productive manner.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): Each client will learn cognitive strategies in addition to exposure therapy, and the importance of Mindfulness Based Awareness Training (MBAT) and how to apply it daily. Learn more about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Muti-disciplinary Team: During the assessment process, The Gateway Institute’s therapist will determine if a need exists for utilizing and communicating with psychiatrists and other healthcare professionals during and after treatment.
- 24 Hour On-Call: Each client or family member has access to contact their therapist after-hours over the course of the 3-Week Intensive Treatment Program for support and to answer questions or concerns.
- After-Care: The Gateway Institute will continue to monitor each client’s progress after the 3-Week Intensive Program during a six-week After-Care Program.