Need for OCD Treatment
Mental Health Treatment Centers for treating OCD
Finding a National OCD Treatment Center
How to recognize a National OCD Treatment Center
Questions to ask to ensure you are speaking to a National OCD Treatment Center that offers a true OCD Intensive Treatment Program
- A true OCD treatment center will specialize in this condition specifically.
What is your training and background in OCD?
- Know that anyone that specializes in the treatment of OCD will have studied underneath someone else that specializes in the treatment of OCD. There is no school that teaches OCD treatment.
What treatment techniques does your treatment center utilize during the intensive treatment program?
- They should answer that they utilize Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Exposure & Response Prevention (ERP) in their treatment program.
How many hours will be spent performing ERP every day?
- ERP should be the primary focus of any OCD treatment program.
- Hours will vary depending on which OCD treatment program but should be 80% of the program hours.
NATIONAL OCD TREATMENT CENTERS SHOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
Proven track record:
Trust Worthy Staff:
A TYPICAL INTENSIVE TREATMENT PROGRAM FOR OCD
TREATMENT TECHNIQUE UTILIZED FOR AN OCD INTENSIVE TREATMENT PROGRAM
Step 1- Identify the patient’s critical behavior.
Step 2- State and determine whether the critical behavior is deficits or excess.
Step 3- Evaluate the duration, intensity, and frequency for the patient’s behavior.
Step 4- If the patient has increased duration, frequency or intensity, try to decrease it and vice versa.
The therapy has 6 phases:
Conceptualizing again the state of the patient
Applying the training and the proper level service
Treatment after finishing the therapy
Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
Typical OCD Treatment
Traditional Outpatient Sessions for OCD ?
Intensive Outpatient Treatment for OCD ?
Day Program for OCD ?
Partial Hospitalization for OCD ?
Residential Programs for OCD ?
OCD Inpatient Treatment Programs for OCD ?